2020 TRANSMOTO 12-HOUR: ENTRIES ON SALE FROM OCTOBER 21
In some damn good news for two-wheel frothers, the 10th annual running of the Transmoto 12-Hour at Batemans Bay will go ahead as planned on November 14-15, 2020.
Plus, with the event’s private property suffering the full wrath of the NYE bush fires (which somehow didn’t touch the event’s pit paddock), about 75% of the race loop through the charred Buckenbowra bushland will be all-new!
Due to the current Covid guidelines around community sport, however, we are only able to offer 100 Teams of 4 for this year’s event (yep, last year’s 600-rider cap has been reduced to just 400 riders for 2020), which means the event is expected to sell out faster than ever before.
So, in order to cope with what we expect to be unprecedented demand, we will be implementing a “12-Hour Team Lottery Pool” entry system for the first time, where 120 riders (30 teams) will be randomly drawn and granted an entry.
With the 400-rider cap for this 10th anniversary 12-Hour, this is the fairest way to give everyone an equal chance of securing a highly sought-after team entry.
As with all Transmoto events, our loyal Transmoto Tribe members will get first bite of the cherry on October 21, with 50 teams (200 riders) allocated to Tribe members for an initial 48-hour window (note that all team members must be a paid-up Transmoto Tribe member for the team entry to be valid).
Once the Transmoto Tribe team allocation is exhausted, any Tribe members who missed out can still try their luck through the Lottery Pool for the subsequent allocation of the final 30 teams. The randomly drawn 30 teams will be notified on Friday, October 23, and given 48 hours to finalise their team entry.
Here’s the breakdown for the 400 riders (100 teams) at the 2020 Transmoto 12-Hour:
- x20 Reserved Team entries for event sponsors (80 riders)
- x50 Transmoto Tribe Team entries (200 riders)
– First in best dressed for 48 hours or until the team allocation is exhausted.
- x30 12-Hour Team Lottery Pool entries (120 riders)
– Register your interest here (bearing in mind that all team members can enter the Lottery Pool, which will increase your chances of scoring an entry).
– Names will be drawn at random (with complete integrity) from the Lottery Pool, who will then have 48 hours to finalise and pay team entry.
– Teams cannot be transferred or held by non riders. If the entry is not received in the 48-hour window, we will re-draw it.
Entry fees are as follows:
Team of 4: $1200 ($300pp).
Transponder Hire: $20 (or you can bring your own MyLaps Transponder if you have one).
One Event Competition Licence (OECL): $75pp (if you already have a current annual MA Licence, you do not require an OECL).
Temporary Club Membership: $10pp (if you are not already a member of an MA-affiliated club).
With the strict cap on rider numbers, there will unfortunately be no Ironman class for the 2020 Transmoto 12-Hour; just Teams (of 4 riders).
Remember that all Teams must enter under one of six ‘Team Categories’:
- Weekend Warriors (no rider to have ever raced professionally, no sponsor hook-ups or dealer support, paid your own entry fee);
- Young Guns (all riders under 23);
- Wise Wizards (average age of at least 50);
- Mixed (at least one female rider);
- Wonder Women (all female riders); or
- Open (general team entry, if you’re not eligible for any of the above Categories).