The Transmoto 8-Hour at Stroud was first staged in 2015. It’s a unique, team-based dirt-bike event that’s somewhere between a recreational trailbike rally and an enduro race. If you Google “Stroud, NSW”, you’ll see a bunch of info about the town’s International Brick and Rolling Pin Throwing Contest. And that small-town obscurity is just the way the locals like it. Cos if they were to spread the word about the region’s rolling grassy hillsides, every dirt-bike dingo this side of Alice Springs would be on its doorstep in an instant! Not far out of Stroud, in a little valley called Gunns Gully, you’ll find a picturesque 1300-acre parcel of prime countryside – a working cattle property that was home to the inaugural Transmoto event at the venue in 2015. And ever since, its custom-built 14-16km loop has offered riders an intoxicating blend of gum-lined trails and undulating grasstrack, with 360-degree views that stretch for miles.
Race it or ride it; run a motocross weapon or trail sled; fly in and fly out or make a weekend’s surf-and-moto roadtrip out of it with your mates … take your pick. But be sure to be part of what has firmly established as a must-do annual moto pilgrimage for racers and riders alike.
IRONMAN Solo rider PAIR (2 RIDERS) Two riders riding in a tag team TEAM (OF 3) Three riders working in a tag team TEAM (OF 4) Four riders working in a tag team
TEAM (OF 3/4) CATEGORIES
All Teams must enter under one of six ‘Team Categories’:
– Weekend Warriors (no rider to have ever raced professionally, no sponsor hook-ups or dealer support, and must have paid your own entry fee);
– Young Guns (all riders under 23);
– Wise Wizards (average age of at least 50);
– Mixed (at least one female rider);
– Wonder Women (all female riders); or
– Open (general team entry, if you’re not eligible for any of the above Categories).
Teams (of 3) and Teams (of 4) will be grouped together for the Class and Outright results, but entering in a relevant Team Category will increase your team’s chances of taking home a trophy.
Team (of 4): $1200 ($300pp) Team (of 3): $975 ($325pp) Pairs (2 riders): $700 ($350pp) Ironman: $400
– 6x12m camping and pit plot
– Competitor goody bag
– Limited-edition event T-shirt
– “I Survived” sticker
– $20 Transponder Hire (per team)
– $85 One Event Competition Licence (only if rider does not have a current Senior National Motorcycling Australia licence)
– $10 Temporary Club Membership (only if rider is not a current member of an MA-affiliated club)
Note: There are no split payments – the team’s entry fee and any additional costs must be paid in full during online registration. A 3% booking fee applies to online payments.
Take a look at past 8-Hour events right here.
Keep up to date via our social channels.
Sign up to the Transmoto mailing list.
Transmoto has always focused on staging non-elite, team-based dirt-bike events that encourage participation through their relaxed atmosphere, custom-built courses and emphasis on fun, not officialdom.
Got a question? Hit the buttom bellow to send us an email.