2022 TRANSMOTO 8-HOUR @ COFFS HARBOUR
– RESCHEDULED TO 2023 –
Hi there, folks. Unfortunately, we’ve got bad news. And a bit of good news that we hope will soften the blow…
The situation at the host venue: Due to 10 months of record-breaking rainfall in the Mid-North NSW Coast region, the venue scheduled to host the 2022 Transmoto 8-Hour at Coffs Harbour (in the Coffs’ hinterland township of Ulong) is currently so wet that the event will not be able to proceed this year.
With the property’s access roads and pit paddock completely waterlogged, access for entrant vehicles is simply not possible, and it appears set to remain that way for some time. Pushing ahead in those conditions does not make for an enjoyable experience for riders and will do too much damage to the venue.
Now, the good news: The revised date for the Coffs Harbour event will be in September, 2023 (date TBA).
So, what are your options as an existing Team, Pairs or Ironman entrant into the 2022 Transmoto 8-Hour at Coffs Harbour? You can:
- Do nothing, and the entry will be automatically transferred to the rescheduled date in September, 2023 (the benefit of which is that you’ll be assured of an entry before the event sells out – which it will!);
- If you need to make a rider(s) swap for the 2023 event, that’s easy done. Just drop us a line at email@example.com closer to the event’s date.
- Have your team captain request a team refund* using this link by midnight on Sunday, November 6 (after which the standard refund policy comes into effect); or
- For any other enquiries, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
* NOTE: Refund requests will be processed within five (5) business days. Just bear in mind that, with most banks, it can take up to 10 working days for the funds to appear in your account.
WHY SHIFTING TO 2023 WAS UNAVOIDABLE…
As most of you who live on Australia’s Eastern Seaboard will know, this year has been insanely wet. The vast majority of farms where Transmoto events are held (in NSW, Vic. and Qld) have been affected in some way in 2022, and the Ulong venue has been particularly hard hit.
So, why not shift the event to later this year? A few reasons:
- Planned livestock movements on the cattle property does not allow for the event to proceed in November; and
- Ongoing rainfall that’s forecast for this coming weekend and into November will not allow enough time to prepare the race track. At the moment, it’s too wet to even move around the property with trucks and machinery to build the track or slash the pit paddocks.
One of the beauties of Transmoto Events is the fact they’re staged on camping-friendly grass paddocks (not from a permanent MX track-like facility) and boast custom-built race loops that are only used once a year. But when the ground is sodden, these venues just can’t handle the amount of traffic the event brings in. And while a few ruts and bumps on the racetrack are to be expected, irreparable damage to the camping area, paddocks and access roads isn’t. That would fly in the face of our ethos of leaving all properties with as little impact as possible and maintaining good long-term relationships with landowners.
Speaking of which, we can’t thank the Timms family enough for all their hard work on the venue to date, and for their understanding in allowing riders to shift their 2022 entry to the revised date in September, 2023, when we’ll finally get the opportunity to stage the fourth annual Transmoto 8-Hour at this epic Ulong venue.
We hope the majority of you retain your Coffs Harbour 8-Hour entry for the 2023 date. Aside from the fact that’ll guarantee your team a spot (as most Transmoto events sell out very quickly), this Ulong property is an absolute riding paradise whose race loop features the biggest percentage of hallowed grasstrack turf of all Transmoto events.