2021 TRANSMOTO 8-HOUR AT WANGARATTA
– ENTRIES ON SALE TOMORROW –
It’s been two long years since the last Victoria-based Transmoto event, so what better way to break that roost-throwing drought than rounding up your riding crew and making plans for a roadtrippin’, campin’, race-your-mates weekend worth of good times for the second running of the 8-Hour at ‘Wang’? Just 250km northeast of Melbourne, and with the Victorian High Country’s snow-capped peaks serving as an eye-catching backdrop to the undulating grasstrack and bangin’ bush trails, the 8-Hour’s 3000 acres and custom-built 16km race loop are yours for the taking. Seriously, is there a better way to celebrate the arrival of Spring?
So, you know what that means, right? Yep, it’s time to sort your bike, camping gear and roadtrip plans for the 2021 Transmoto 8-Hour at Wangaratta, to be held on the weekend of September 4-5.
In appreciation of their support, Transmoto Tribe members and previous event entrants have already been offered a 48-hour and 24-hour priority entry, respectively. But at 4pm AEST tomorrow, July 20, entries will go live to the public.
So, round up your teammates’ details, and make a date with your computer tomorrow arvo. And don’t muck around because, with entries strictly capped at just 600 riders, we expect the event to sell out quickly.
WHAT CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE?
There will be a limited number of entries for the Ironman and Pairs classes, and plenty of positions available for the Team (of either 3 or 4 riders) class.
We will also be staging a non-competitive fun loop for Junior riders (aged between nine and 15) on Saturday, September 4.
To find out what class best suits your riding ability, click here.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO ENTER…
To complete the online entry, the team captain will need to have the following information for each of their team members:
- Team name (for Teams only)
- Team category (for Teams only): Weekend Warriors, Mixed, Young Guns, Wise Wizards, Wonder Women, Open
- Captain name and email address (for Teams only)
- Rider name(s)
- Email address
- Postal address
- Mobile number
- Date of birth and age
- Motorcycle (make, model, year)
- Do you have a current annual MA Licence? If ‘Yes’, provide current MA Licence number and expiry date. If ‘No’, $75 will be charged for each rider requiring a One Event Competition Licence (OECL), which will be added to the total entry fee.
- Are you a current member of a MA-affiliated club? If ‘No’, $10 will be charged for each rider requiring a temporary club membership, which will be added to the total entry fee.
- Do you have Ambulance Cover? (It is the rider’s responsibility to have current ambulance coverage to ride the event.)
- T-Shirt size (for official event T-Shirt)
Remember that all Teams must enter under one of six ‘Team Categories’:
- Weekend Warriors (no rider to have ever raced professionally, no sponsor hook-ups or dealer support, paid your own entry fee);
- Young Guns (all riders under 23);
- Wise Wizards (average age of at least 50);
- Mixed (at least one female rider);
- Wonder Women (all female riders); or
- Open (general team entry, if you’re not eligible for any of the above Categories).
Teams of 3 and Teams of 4 will be grouped together for the Class results, but entering in a relevant ‘Team Category’ will increase your team’s chances of taking home a trophy and/or prizes.
- $900 for a Team of 4 ($225/rider).
- $750 for a Team of 3 ($250/rider).
- $550 for Pairs ($275/rider).
- $320 for Ironman.
A few crew have been asking what the deal is with refunds and/or transferred entries if old mate Covid rears its prickly head and your team can’t make it due to Government restrictions, lockdown or border closures.
Organising events right now is a bit like playing darts on a windy day with a blindfold on, but we’ve learned to live with it and just get on with making it work as best we can. And we really appreciate everyone’s flexibility and understanding of the situation when it arises.
In any case, here’s the deal with Covid refunds:
If an event is cancelled or postponed or rescheduled as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, Transmoto may refund your entry fee or give you a credit note or voucher for a future event. If you can not attend the event due to government stay-at-home orders, community sport restrictions, border closures or other mandatory state health orders, you will be given the option to:
- Transfer your team entry to the rescheduled event date at no extra cost (in the case of a rescheduled event); or
- Transfer your team entry to another Transmoto event in the same calendar year; or
- Request a full team entry fee refund (including any one event competition licences, temporary club memberships and transponder hire costs).
For the full event terms and conditions and additional information on refunds, read this: https://events.transmoto.com.
A greater majority of your questions will be answered in the FAQs section on Transmoto’s dedicated Events website. But if you’re still bamboozled, hit us up via email (email@example.com) and we’ll sort you out as soon as we possibly can.