2022 TRANSMOTO 8-HOUR @ WANGARATTA
– RESCHEDULED TO NOVEMBER, 2023 –
Unfortunately, we’ve got some bad news…
Due to the relentless, record-breaking rainfall in Victoria – and significant flooding in the Wangaratta region in both September and November – the venue scheduled to host the 2022 Transmoto 8-Hour at Wangaratta is so saturated that the event will not be able to proceed this year.
The system that swept across the east coast on the weekend dropped another 60mm+ on the Wangaratta venue. And with the land still drying up from the last bout of flooding, this additional rainfall has left us with no other option. It’s just far too wet to go ahead.
With more of the wet stuff scheduled for this coming weekend, the difficult call has been made in conjunction with the property owners and Alpine Motorcycle Club to pull the pin and hold it over to 2023.
2022 has been the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to wet conditions, and it’s an extra kick in the nuts to think this event couldn’t run last year because of Covid restrictions in Victoria. We know some teams have been holding their entry to this event for a while now, so we are truly sorry to have to reschedule it again.
The simple fact is, running the event as planned this weekend would cause irreparable damage to the host venue and put at risk the long-term success of this great Victorian location.
Some good news is that we’ve already been able to confirm the rescheduled date for the Wangaratta event: November 18-19, 2023.
So, what are your options as an existing Team, Pairs or Ironman entrant into the 2022 Transmoto 8-Hour at Wangaratta? You can:
- Do nothing and the entry will be automatically transferred to the rescheduled date in November, 2023 (the benefit of which is that you’ll be guaranteed an entry, even if the event sells out);
- If you need to make a rider(s) swap for the 2023 event, no problem. Just drop us a line at email@example.com closer to the event’s date.
- Have your team captain request a team refund* using this link before midnight on Friday, December 30 (after which the standard refund policy will apply); or
- For any other enquiries, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
* NOTE: Refund requests will be processed within five (5) business days. Just bear in mind that, with most banks, it can take up to 10 working days for the funds to appear in your account.
We hope the majority of you retain your Wangaratta entry for 2023. Aside from the fact that’ll guarantee your team a spot (as most Transmoto events sell out very quickly), the race loop on this epic private property has to be seen to be believed. It boasts a mouth-watering combination of bush trails, technical hills and undulating grasstrack, with the Victorian High Country’s snow-capped Mount Beauty, Falls Creek and Mount Hotham serving as an eye-catching backdrop.
PRE-ORDERED WANG HOODIES
For anyone who pre-ordered a limited-edition rider’s hoodie for the 8-Hour at Wangaratta, don’t stress. These will be mailed out this week to the address you listed in your initial order. They’ve already been printed, but if you really don’t want it, let us know at email@example.com and we’ll sort you a refund.
A BIBLICALLY WET YEAR!
If you’re interested in learning more about Transmoto events and some of the challenges the wet weather has thrown at us this year, listen in on this chat we recently had with the Dirt Bike Burrito Podcast guys.