2022 Transmoto 8-Hour at Miva Station: Final Instructions
After consultation with landowners, Motorcycling Queensland, track builders and event operators, at this stage the 2022 Transmoto 8-Hour at Miva Station will go ahead this weekend.
IMPORTANT NOTE!! Given the current weather system affecting wider Queensland, if you are unable (or not prepared to) attend the event, please have your team captain contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a credit for another event, or request a refund.
Please read the following important information for riders:
– CHECK-IN: In-car rider registration will now open at 11am and close at 4pm on Saturday. Please do not arrive at the event before 11am.
– 4WD: Travel to the event in a 4WD and limit the amount of vehicles you bring as a team.
o If a 2WD vehicle or van is your only option, you may have to park away from the main camping area (you will still be able to enter the property and park reasonably close to the camping area).
o If you can get together with mates and car pool in one or two 4WD vehicles per team, that would be preferable.
– LARGE CARAVANS: Do not bring XXL caravans or large 2WD RVs. Toy Haulers and camper trailers are okay, as long as they are being towed by a 4WD.
– CAMPING TOGETHER: If you have multiple teams riding and want to camp next to each other, you MUST arrive at the event site together.
– FIRES: are okay for this event as long as they are contained in a fire pit. It might pay to bring some dry timber from home.
– PLAN YOUR TRIP: With a lot of rain across Queensland this week, plan your trip accordingly. Follow the latest road closures and traffic from QLD TRANSPORT.
The weather system hitting Queensland today, Friday May 13, is forecast to dissipate over the weekend, however the situation is constantly evolving. As such, we recommend delaying your departure to arrive at the event after 11am on Saturday (we know that 75% of entrants are within a four-hour drive), but please arrive before 4pm as it becomes very difficult to park you up in the dark.